In this podcast episode, Rebecca shares her number one lesson and rule of thumb for selecting keywords. She walks through the core premise, how she learned it, and why it matters to you and your website.
You can beat Goliath if you work smarter, harder, and with a whole lot more focus.
You can carefully pick the right keywords that will translate into high-quality traffic, but you need to focus on your offering, your target market, existing competition, and search volumes.
Rebecca’s Rules for Keyword Research
- Don’t be greedy when selecting keywords. You can’t have all keywords, so don’t bother trying.
- Know your competition! This includes direct competitors and competitors in SERPs.
- Don’t rely on Google to brainstorm your keyword phrases. This is why we create seed lists.
- Keywords should equal your customers’ verbiage and should not be industry jargon.
- Pick your battles! You can’t win every keyword phrase so don’t waste valuable time trying. Find your sweet spot and own it!
Do You Need Help Finding Your Hidden Keywords?
Rebecca has a handy checklist you can use for making sure you don't miss any hidden gems.
If you enjoyed this podcast episode, please consider sharing it on social media or leaving us a review on iTunes.