Do backlinks still matter? Yep, they do and in this week’s podcast episode, Rebecca talks about the important role backlinks still play in today’s world of SEO. She also covers the various methods of building backlinks and what you need to do to protect yourself from negative backlinks.
Key Takeaways for Building Backlinks
- Get your house in order before you work on backlinks. Or in other words, have a solid on-page SEO strategy in place before you start working on off-page SEO.
- Look past the home page. Obtain links to your most important pages and posts.
- Find legit sources of backlinks via the free download below.
- Focus more on quality and less on quantity.
- Make sure you are seeking links that are relevant to your industry and niche.
- Vary your anchor text.
- Review your existing backlink profile in Google Search Console.
- Use third-party tools to evaluate the health of your backlinks and help you create disavow files if necessary.
As an added takeaway, Rebecca created a handy SEO checklist that can be downloaded and used by website owners and developers in building backlinks.
Additional Resources for Building Backlinks
Download the Checklist for Building Backlinks
Get Rebecca's list of popular and safe places to build credible backlinks.
If you enjoyed this podcast episode, please consider sharing it on social media or leaving us a review on iTunes.