In this podcast episode, Rebecca talks about content silos and how this technique can help with your search engine optimization. A content silo is simply a method of grouping related content together to establish the blog or website’s keyword-based topical areas or themes.
Content Silo Examples
Below are two content silo examples. One would be for a yoga studio franchise and the other is for a Las Vegas travel blog. While these two examples have very different subject matter, the concept of group content remains the same.
Our above examples would have specific URL structures to support the content silo within the website or blog. These are called parent and child page/post relationships.
Examples of the Yoga website:
Examples of the Vegas blog:
- iThemes Training Webinar: Creating an SEO Friendly Website Architecture
- WCA2 Website Architecture Presentation
- Creating Children Pages in WordPress
- Best Option for Website SEO: WordPress, Squarespace, Wix, Weebly, or HubSpot COS?
- iThemes Training Webinar: Creating 301 Redirects
If you enjoyed this podcast episode, please consider sharing it on social media or leaving us a review on iTunes.