In this podcast episode, Rebecca walks through some tips and techniques for using video marketing in your SEO strategy. She talks about why you should care about YouTube videos and she provides an overview of ranking videos in YouTube search.
Why You Should Consider Jumping into YouTube
- YouTube is second largest search engine outside of Google.
- YouTube is a Google property and your videos have an opportunity to show up in YouTube search as well as Google’s traditional search results.
- Video allows you to reach a different target market than you would in a blog post.
- Video consumption is at an all-time high.
Criteria YouTube Uses in Ranking Videos in Search
- Freshness and frequency of channel
- Click through rates
- Channel authority
- Channel subscribers
- Video title
- Video description
- Video tags
- Video file name
- Video length
- Transcripts and closed captions
- Watch time
- Inbound links
- Social shares
- Blog Post: Getting Maximum Exposure with Video SEO on YouTube
- Recorded Webinar: The Ins and Outs of YouTube SEO
If you enjoyed this podcast episode, please consider sharing it on social media or leaving us a review on iTunes.