In this SEO podcast episode, Rebecca talks about the recent Google algorithm updates and the impact E-A-T is having on marketers and webmasters.
Fall has been very active for Google updates and websites all over the world have been feeling the pain of search ranking drops. This is because the idea of E-A-T is becoming more and more important to SEO and where a website lies in search results.
E-A-T is Google’s abbreviation for expertise, authoritativeness, and trustworthiness. This little abbreviation has caused a lot of havoc this fall and it’s something all marketers need to be knowledgeable about.
Listen in on today’s episode to hear Rebecca break down E-A-T, provide examples of what E-A-T really is, and offer suggestions on improving a website’s expertise, authoritativeness, and trustworthiness with Google.
- Review your existing backlinks. Tools like Ahrefs is a great helper in this effort.
- Review existing search results for your name, company name, and product/service names.
- Review your existing content for the level of quality you offer to visitors.
Links and Mentions
- Marie Haynes’ article on E-A-T
- Marie Haynes’ Google Algo Updates and More
- MOZ’s Google Algorithm Change History
Today’s Episode Sponsor
A big thank you to Ahrefs for sponsoring season two of the SEObits podcast!
Ahrefs is Rebecca’s go-to SEO tool for all things backlinks. She uses it for reviewing client backlinks, as well as deep diving into their competitor’s activity to discover new linking opportunities.
As mentioned in the show, Ahrefs is offering an exclusive giveaway to podcast listeners.
If you enjoyed this podcast episode, please consider sharing it on social media or leaving us a review on iTunes.