In this podcast episode Rebecca talks about the right questions you need to ask and answer to kick your SEO strategy into high gear. These questions are the heart of her SEO projects and the first step she has in kicking off any SEO efforts with clients.
In the episode Rebecca lists the following questions:
- How would you describe your website (or business, blog, etc.) to a potential client or friend?
- How would you describe your product or service offering?
- What sets you apart from your competition?
- How would you describe your ideal customer or client?
- Is it possible to group your target audience into segments?
Product or Service Offering
- What are the names of your products or services?
- How might one describe each product or service?
- Make a list of the same product and/or service offering but describe each in single words or short phrases.
- How might you describe each persona (aka segment)?
- What goals or objectives do each persona have?
- What type of frustrations, pain points, or concerns might each persona have?
- Do the different personas process through the same buying criteria or do they vary by persona?
- Do the different personas process through the same buying process and decision tree or do they vary by persona?
- Who do you consider to be your top traditional competitors?
- Who do you consider to be your top online competitors?
- Who do you consider to be authoritative websites within your industry?
- What content would you consider to be the most important content on your website?
- What content would you consider to be the most active on your website?
- What content currently brings in the most website traffic?
Download the List of SEO Questions
What do you consider to be the top keywords or phrases for your website? Use Rebecca's checklist to find great options.
If you enjoyed this podcast episode, please consider sharing it on social media or leaving us a review on iTunes.